I appreciate your interest in interning in my office! Internships run throughout the fall, spring, or summer semesters for college students. The hours are flexible to accommodate students’ hectic course schedules but generally run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Applicants must have completed high school.
Intern responsibilities will vary. Typical responsibilities include:
- Answering phones
- Running errands
- Giving tours of the United States Capitol Building
- Researching legislation for the Member and legislative staff
- Attending hearings and briefings
- Drafting content for the communications team
- Answering constituent letters on various issues before the Senate
As a result, interns learn about the legislative process and the many other functions of a congressional office.
Spring 2024 internship applications are due by Friday, October 27, 2023.
Summer 2024 internship applications are due by Friday, March 29, 2024.